Studying abroad

| More
RAMK’s students have the possibility of completing part of their studies abroad in one of the RAMK’s partner universities. Some of the RAMK’s partner universities and exchange programs are field-specific, thus they are only for students of certain study field. RAMK has an agreement with the partner universities that defines the number of  exchange students for each semester. RAMK admits grants also for free mover exchange (study exchanges that are completed at universities that are not RAMK partner universities). Precondition for RAMK travel grant for free mover exchange is that student has a finnish citizenship or permanent residence permit and a permission for the exchange from the head of degree programme. On this page there is a list of all RAMK's exchange programs. For more detailed information, please see the links below.

You should start preparing for the exchange in good time in advance. For student it is important to know that the exchange grant does not cover all the expenses of the exchange. Students  must be prepared to finance themselves their exchange period. 

Exchange studies have to be well planned with the teacher tutor. For receiving the grant the duration of the study period must be at least 3 months and accumulate 6 ECTS / month. The higher university of applied sciences degree students can receive a grant for a shorter exchange. For more information and guidance on exchange is provided by the international coordinator of your campus and the International Relations Office (please, see Contact information).


Exchange Programs


  • Erasmus Study Exchange is for RAMK’s partner universities in Europe. Application deadline for autumn semester is 15.4. and for spring semester 15.10. Possibility of applying travel grant and Erasmus grant.


  • FIRST Study Exchange in RAMK’s partner universities in Barents region in Russia. Application deadline for autumn semester and spring semester  ends 31.5. Possibility of applying travel grant and FIRST grant.


  • Magellan Study Exchange in USA, South Korea and Costa Rica. Period for applying mainly for spring semester ends on 8.10. and for autumn 8.3. Possible to apply for travel grant.


  • North2North (N2N) Study Exchange is possible in universities in Iceland, Norway and Sweden and Canada, USA and Russia. Period for applying for spring and autumn semester ends 15.2. For the exchange it is possible to apply for the N2N grant.


  • Nordnatur Study Exchange is for students in rural industries degree programme and forestry degree programme. Exchange destinations are in the Nordic Countries. For more detailed information from the contact persons tapio.sironen(at)  


  • Bilateral Study Exchange takes place in an exchange destination that has a bilateral agreement with RAMK or a Finnish university coordinating the exchange programme. Destinations are located in Australia (Sports and leisure), Japan (IT), China, Mexico and Argentina. Period for applying is usually in October for spring semester and in April for autumn semester. Possibility of applying for travel grant.


  • Freemover Study Exchange is supported with RAMK grants for students with a permanent residence permit or finnish citizenship. For Freemover exchange student must ask for the approval of the head of the degree programme and to be prepared for paying the tuitions. Student must find out himself/herself the offered courses and correspondence of the studies. Student must be prepared to take care of  the exchange himself/herself.
Our website uses cookies, read more about cookies. By continuing to browse the site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. [I Agree]